CORE CURRICULUM SERIES FOR CHROMATIC C-SYSTEM • Learn the very basics of learning the Chromatic Accordion for an absolute beginner!
• For Beginners • 10 Videos
How to Play the Chromatic Accordion with Patricia Bartell
Online Chromatic Accordion Lessons
Core Curriculum Series for the Chromatic Accordion (C-system). From the inside to the outside, learn how the chromatic accordion works and how to take care of it. Tour the mechanism of the chromatic accordion, the basses, registers, air button and more!
THE PRELIMINARY LEVEL INCLUDES:
Unit 1: Instrument Care
- P.1.1 Storage
- P.1.2 Handling the Instrument
- P.1.3 Accordion Cases
Unit 2: The Accordion
- P.2.1 Types of Accordions
- P.2.2 The Inside
- P.2.3 The Registers
- P.2.4 The Keyboard
- P.2.5 The Air Button
Unit 3: Types of Basses
- P.3.1 Stradella/Standard Bass
- P.3.2 Free Bass
If you’re already an Accordion Life member, login then click the button on the right side of this page that says “Take This Course” to get started learning the chromatic accordion.
If you’re not a member yet, click the red button below to join Accordion Life.
Your Accordion Teacher: Patricia Bartell
Patricia Bartell is a graduate of Whitworth University with a B.A. in Music Education and Accordion Performance. Patricia is recognized not only in North America, but internationally as an adjudicator, professional performer and teacher.
She has studied piano with Dr. Judith Schoepflin of Whitworth College and with Kendall Feeney of the Golandsky Institute, which is the preeminent center for the Taubman Technique Approach. Patricia has also studied “The New Technical Approach” with the world-renowned accordion teacher Frederic Deschamps in France. This technique approach has helped produce amazing results for all ages. MORE
If you want to take your online accordion lessons a step further, Patricia also gives private accordion lessons via Skype for all ages and styles of music.
The Online Chromatic Accordion Courses Are in Two Categories
• Core Curriculum Series for the Chromatic Accordion (How to Learn the Chromatic Accordion C-system)
The Core Curriculum Series is for people who want to learn how to play the accordion using a structured method. This starts with the Preliminary level, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, etc. Each course is packed with songs that are focused on learning needed skills, music theory and proper accordion technique. These courses are designed to build on each other to advance you in a progressive manner. After the Preliminary level, each following course level in this series contain 50-70+ videos.
• Single Song Tutorials for The Chromatic Accordion (How to Play the Chromatic Accordion C-system)
The Single Song Tutorials are courses that feature one song corresponding to the same grade levels that are used in the Core Curriculum Series. These Single Song Tutorials focus on showing you “what” to play, demonstrating hands separately and together using high definition cameras, which allow you to see what to do close-up in ultimate detail – so you don’t miss a thing whether you watch this on your computer, smartphone, or your favorite tablet.
Why Join Accordion Life?
• You deserve the best music education and tools available to learn the accordion from qualified and experienced teachers.
• Depending on where you live, accordion teachers may be as scarce as hen’s teeth.
• From the start, you want to know you’re doing it right … and not having to start over later since your time is valuable. We will give you proper technique that you won’t find on YouTube.
• It’s much cheaper than most private lessons and you’re getting top notch education without breaking the bank.
• We’ll give you the confidence you need about the process of learning, and we’re available for questions through the forums. Every lesson in each course also has a place for you to ask questions and get feedback.
• You’ll have your own personal library of downloadable sheet music that is always growing.
• You’ll receive weekly articles to help advance your Accordion Life.
No Reviews found for this course.